Sunday, October 5, 2008

Madelyn's 1st time on Rocky Top!!

Justin and Madelyn went to the UT game last night and Madelyn had so much fun!! I'm not so sure Justin had as much fun as she did considering how pitiful our Vols are playing this year....but that's a whole different story....:-). They just stayed for the first half of the game but Madelyn was so excited because she saw not 1 but 3 Smokey's (the real dog and 2 mascots..apparently one with a black face and one with a white one). I think that was the real highlight of the game for her. It was a good father/daughter outing. Here are some pictures....

This is just before leaving for the game. Madelyn was going all around singing "Rocky Tock" as she says. We put out our fall decorations yesterday so she was very excited about "Annie" the scarecrow which sits at the end of our driveway.


Here they are at the stadium!


And in other news....I am 34 weeks pregnant today! Very exciting. It looks like the baby is going to be delivered sometime during the week of November 10. I will be a scheduled C-section so usually a delivery is scheduled during the 39th week. Looks like I will be through with my clinical hours for school around November 5th or so which will be perfect timing. I still have a few classes to attend after the baby is born but the major part of the work, most importantly the clinical time, will hopefully be complete. God is working everything out for us!!


I do have a prayer request for this week. We have our comprehensive exams for school on Tuesday. These exams determine whether or not you will graduate from the program. They will take place from 8:00 to 5:30 this coming Tuesday, Oct. 7th. Although we are supposedly "very prepared" to take the exams...it is really anxiety provoking to say the least. So if you think of it between now and Tuesday...please say a little prayer for me and my friends to remember what we have learned and be able to prove this with our answers!! Thank you in advance for praying... prayers really do help!!! My friends thank you too!!!!!

3 comments:

Pam Strickland said...

Looks like Madelyn had a big time with Daddy.

As for baby birthdays, Uncle Lester's b-day was Nov. 11 and my father's was Nov. 17 -- so either one of those days would be good. :)

Amanda said...

Ha! Evan and Madelyn were at the game at the same time, too! Evan only made it one quarter though.

Angela said...

Looks like they had a fun time together! The pics are too cute! I will definitely be praying for you during your tests. It can be stressful and I will pray for peace and total memory recall.